Kribu

Kribu

Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4) - Jennifer Estep Whether it's because this is the first time I've actually had to wait months for the next book in this series or it's because there was genuinely a little less of it (or it was incorporated into the narrative in a smoother way than before), the recaps which have been my major issue with this series before didn't bother me nearly as much this time.

Some of the usual irritants were still there (I seriously hate it when Gwen uses the by now very tired epithets for her friends as often as their names - really, who goes around thinking of their boyfriend as "the Spartan" all the time? and I'm so tired of "the band geek" for Carson that it's not even funny, but since there was less Carson in this one, I don't think we got more than half a dozen of "the band geek"), and really, there wasn't a lot of extra depth or fleshing out of characters in this one...

...but it was just so damn fun. I think the pacing was excellent here, I wasn't bored, the plot, if pretty straightforward, was solid enough, and I'm seriously starting to love Nickamedes. So, yeah, this was a pre-order I'm not regretting, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next one.