Kribu

Kribu

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) - Chloe Neill Chicagoland Vampires has been a solid three star series for me so far - enjoyable, light, fun (but not really technically very well written) reading, and this fourth instalment was much the same.

Until the ending, which came with a number of twists I hadn't seen coming at all, and gave this one that extra star. I think it was the first time in this series that I actually felt involved in the plot, even though the series has always had a plot - not overly deep, but solid enough to keep the story going - running through it, beyond the obligatory romance arc.

Also, either I'm getting used to Neill's style or she's become a better writer (or got a better editor) as I didn't notice nearly as many issues with the writing as I did in the first book. (I still get immensely irritated by every single occurrence of the word boy, especially when referring to several-hundred-years-old Master vampires but also to any other adult men, but that's my own pet peeve.)

I'm glad to see this series getting stronger, and I'm looking forward to reading more.