Kribu

Kribu

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) - Kim Harrison Hmm. I admit, the first 10% of this book or so was a real struggle - so much so that I wasn't sure I'd be able to get much further with it at all. Choppy, and one infodump after another; now, I understand the need for filling in some background when world-building, but there are various ways of doing so and for me, the ways chosen in the beginning of this book did not work well at all.

However, I struggled and I struggled and I read on, and as I got further into the book, I sort of started to get into the story - enough to read on anyway. And by the second half, I found myself actually reasonably enjoying it and wanting to find out what happens next.

I wasn't completely won over by the end, and there are things I didn't like about the book at all, both in the plot and in the writing, but there were also parts I liked quite a bit. And I ended up kind of liking Jenks and not even minding Rachel so much, and the plot ended in an interesting enough a spot that I'm actually considering reading some more of this. Probably.