Kribu

Kribu

Dead until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) - Charlaine Harris I was on the verge of thinking of this as a two star book for a long time, and it was really only the last quarter or so that improved it - enough that I might want to give the next one a try, if only because the plot did get me mildly interested eventually.

But, and as usual, that's a big but, it's the characters that make or break a book for me, and try as I might, I completely failed to connect with a single character in this book. I just didn't really care what happened to them.

And once again I was reminded why I stay away from the whole romance genre and generally don't care for books where romance is a fairly big part of the plot - the love interests are, 99.9999999999999% of the time (I'm leaving a tiny chance there as there may have been a book in my life where I've approved of the main character's love interest, I just can't think of any right now), just utterly dull as far as I'm concerned (unless they're irritating, which is even worse), and Bill the Vampire was no exception. And the other potential love interests weren't much better.