Kribu

Kribu

Article 5 (Article 5, #1) - Kristen Simmons When I started reading this book, I was sucked in at once. The world that the author had built, the hopelessness, even the characters... it all told me "ooh, this is going to be a good book".

And then, somewhere along the way, before I was even halfway into it, I realised that I was almost constantly thinking about wanting to punch Ember, the main character, in the face, because she was just. so. stupid. I mean, she clearly wasn't supposed to be, and obviously she was under a lot of stress, and had been through some very traumatic stuff, and... Gah. She was just so irritatingly stupid.

And the less said about her relationship with Chase, the better. (a) He was boring. Really boring. (b) Ember was being an idiot about him, both in the flashbacks and in the present. (c) There was no chemistry, no UST between them. (d) Chase was so dull. (e) Ember was being an idiot.

Gah. I think I'm more angry about this than I might have been, had it been some book that had started off slow and less intriguing, but this one built up so many promises and then failed them all.

If there is going to be a sequel, I'm not reading it.