Kribu

Kribu

Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8) - Chloe Neill It took me a bit to get back into the world of Merit, Ethan and Chicago's finest house of vampires, probably both because I've been drifting away from urban fantasy lately and because some of the previous books in the series felt a little tired to me, as if the author was starting to run out of juice, but this eighth instalment turned out to be a great return to form.

The plot didn't offer anything shockingly original, but it was solid, there was some nice action and another few steps forward in the general political arc, and - and this took me by surprise - this was the first book where I'm not even going to complain about Merit/Ethan. Maybe it's because they're so solidly a couple now; maybe it's because Ethan (while I still find his physical description about as far from appealing as can be) is finally growing on me, largely thanks to being more than a possessive alpha/Master but also a man whom, as I finally see and believe, genuinely cares for Merit.